IP Auto Defense
OpenVox UC Series VoIP PBX has default auto defense rules to prevent massive connection attempts or brute force attacks.
- Do NOT delete the default IP defense rules.
- Change the default IP defense rules under the instruction of our support.
Go to System > Security >Fail2Ban, You can see basic settings:
The SIP, IAX2, HTTPS, SSH, API services are protected by default. If you want the specific IP address to be allowed all the time, you can add it to the white list:
- Enable Whitelist: Enable the whitelist rule or not.
- Protocol: The protocol of the service.
- IP: The IP address you wan to add into whitelist.
- Netmask: The netmask can define a subset of the group of IP addresses.
For example, Number of IP Packets is 90 and Time Interval is 60; The PBX will block the IP that sends more than 90 IP packets in 60 seconds.