Create a VoIP Peer Trunk
If your ITSP only provides an IP address or domain for your purchased VoIP account, you can set up a Peer Trunk on the OpenVox IPPBX.
Assume that you bought a SIP trunk from the ITSP, and the trunk information is displayed as below. We will introduce how to set up a Peer Trunk according to the trunk information.
- Go to PBX > Trunks, click Add.
- In the Trunk Mode drop-down list, select IP Authentication.
- In the Trunk Name field, enter a trunk name.
- Enter the trunk information that is provided by the VoIP provider:
- Host/IP: Enter the IP address or the domain of the VoIP provider (e.g.,peer.sip.com).
- From Domain: Enter the IP address or the domain of the VoIP provider (e.g., peer.sip.com).
- Configure other VoIP trunk settings as your need.
- Click Save and Apply.
- You can check the trunk status in PBX > Trunks. If the trunk status shows Avail, the trunk is ready for use.