How to configure SS7 signalling
This article introduces the main parameters of the SS7 signalling configuration and its considerations.
1. SS7 signaling has two interface types, E1 and T1, default E1 mode. See the figure below.
In this article will introduce E1 as an example.
2. After selecting the interface type E1, the port needs to be configured SS7 signalling, as shown in the figure.
CRC4 selection: default is off (crc4 off). If crc4 is turned on at the operator side, crc4 must also be selected on at the gateway.
3.Configure Chan ss7
We need to focus on these parameters.
|User Part||This parameter needs to be confirmed with the carrier
ISUP ：ISDN side；
TUP： Telephone side；
|OPC||This parameter needs to be confirmed with the carrier, format is Hexadecimal|
|DPC||This parameter needs to be confirmed with the carrier, format is Hexadecimal|
4. For E1 port configuration link
Schannel: This parameter means which channel will be use to transport signalling.
First CIC: The CIC (Circuit Identification Code) is an important parameter for signaling interconnection at SS7 and requires consensus with the counterpart office equipment.
1. web page to see the interface status is red, please check whether the BNC cable fault connection is well connected.
2. Check the SS7 configuration.
(1) whether the OPC/DPC point code is converted correctly, in hexadecimal format, and the operator confirms the OPC and DPC parameters set at the opposite end, the DPC set at the operator is the parameter of the OPC on the gateway, and the OPC parameter value at the operator is the DPC value set at the gateway, which is the opposite relationship.
(2) Confirmation of the signaling channel.
(3) confirm the starting circuit identification code CIC starts from how many.
(4) confirm whether with the crc4 parameter.
3.SS7 ISUP call basic signaling flow chart
ISUP_IAM (Initial Address Message): Initial address message, the caller initiates the call request
ISUP_ACM (Address Complete Message): The called reply address complete message, usually carrying ringing
ISUP_ANM (Answer Message): Called answer message
ISUP_REL (Release): Called teardown and release
ISUP_RLC (Release Complete): Called reply release complete message